who wants to build their own Mustang II front suspension? measurements inside !!! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2006, 01:08 AM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

who wants to build their own Mustang II front suspension? measurements inside !!!

FYI - i have gotten approval for the post from Jon, as it does NOT violate this sites advertising policy

while poking around for suspension design software, i was pointed in the direction of the "performance trends suspension analyzer"

its a hell of a cool program ... but thats not what this post is about ...

after downloading it, i found that the software includes a number of premeasured "demo" suspensions, and that 3 of the suspensions would most likely be of interest to the rodding community

the only "problem" is that all the mount / ball joint locations are in X/Y/Z coordinates .. not simple lengths and angles

if i had a 3d drafting program, i would turn this into patterns for you guys, but i cant

obviously, to truly make use of this info, you'll need to source the associated spindles, steering parts etc etc

these are the 3 most useful to this community, with their associated notes

Mustang II
Quote:
This is a popular front end for street rods. Unfortunately we don't have spring or roll bar specs, just geometry. These are courtesy Bob McNall, Ford Engineer
34 Ford Highboy (modified mustang 2)
Quote:
1934 Ford pinched high boy. Control arms are longer than normal and the coil over does not stick out above the suspension arms. Components are polished S.S. and chrome.This suspension is good, but not optimal(for high performance) considering aesthetics is very important here.
2001 Corvette - no real notes

the software has a 10 day free trial period, allowing anyone to download it and copy the info for themselves. i would simply copy and post the info, but that could be considered CR infringement ...

information about the program:
http://www.performancetrends.com/SuspAnzr.htm

download links:
http://www.performancetrends.com/download.htm#sa

FYI, price is like $400 for anyone wondering what it would cost to purchase

heres an edited version of the mustang II info:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustang 2 edited.jpg
Views:	1166
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	14645  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2006, 08:33 PM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

back to the top for anyone that missed it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.