Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - why do break lines curl coming out of the master cylinder
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 07:56 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
No, again, look at the link I posted. And again, I laid it out.

"Under what circumstances would you put the lines on the master cyl before the master cyl was bolted to the booster or firewall? I have never worked on an assembly line but I just can't grasp this. If the master cyl went on first then the lines there would be no reason for these coils to "support" anything and if the lines were in first and then the master cyl was installed, again no reason to "support" anything, explain to this old guy would you please?"

And

"So putting that thought into play, how in the world could that master cyl be installed on the line where those coils would come into play to hold it in place? And another question, why the coils at all? The coils don't make it stronger! Coils aren't somehow going to support the master where a 90 degree bend wouldn't have.

Like I said, this is how I see it, if someone has other ideas if these guys who worked at Ford can explain it, please get the word because I don't get it."

And by the way, I work on cars for a living and have for 35 years.

Brian
Man you'll have to forgive me. It was late and at the time I did not even realize there were more pages to the thread. Thanks for replying though.