Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Why do I struggle with bodywork so much
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 07:24 PM
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans
Last journal entry: Sold Everything for a new project
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Why do I struggle with bodywork so much

I have the ability, I'm a pretty smart guy, I can build motors, program EFI, weld body panels on, do a decent paint job, wire my own electrical systems, yada yada yada, but for some reason, bodywork and bondo escape me. I can't even get my buds to come show me a few tricks. (I know why they won't come over, it's because they are afraid they will get stuck doing it, some buds they are ) I have two sisters that are artists for crying out loud. You would think I could spread some putty and smooth it out. Have the same problem with taping drywall, put on a gallon, sand off two.

I guess I'm just a big whimp. I really don't have the stamana for sanding, never did, even when I was a kid and mostly in shape. So I just get frustrated.

I know, the bodywork is what seperates the "WOW! LOOK AT THAT! " and the "wow, look at that .

I've read the magazines, the forums, talked to friends, talked to experts, etc, etc.

I have to get through this and I will. Maybe it's just the summer heat, I don't like working in the summer either.

Sorry for the rant, but I do feel better now. If anybody want to join my pitty party, then by all means, log on!