Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Why do they act like this?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Music soothes the soul

Last journal entry: Wiring finished finally
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Why do they act like this?

It amazes me how people (mainly younger people) try to act like they know everything. Case in point, a few days ago, I recognized some blonde kid at the counter talking with the salesman up front, but I was in the shop and couldn't hear what he was saying. He would always come into my engine rebuilding class after he got done with his class before then just to try and answer some basic engine know how questions and what not. I chuckled to myself because alot of his answers were usually wrong and the teacher would point it out. Of course he would follow it up with a, "Uh... yea that's what I meant." He's already had the class so he's trying to "impress" us I guess with a few things he knows. Give me a break.. Anyway back to the point.

So I'm walking through the front area and I finally get a chance to hear what he's blabbling about. And I quote, "Listen, I take automotive classes up at San Jac, so I know alot more than you do about cars." I lol'd right before I went back into the shop and I made sure he would hear me laughing at him considering I hate that cocky piece of crap. First of all, just because you show up to a class doesn't mean you will learn anything. Secondly, don't always assume you know more than anyone just because you're taking a class to expand your knowledge on a said subject. Thirdly, stop acting like you know everything about cars just because you picked up one or two things you didn't know before so you immediately have a "holier than thou" attitude towards anyone. He was trying to tell the salesman that synthetic oil doesn't break down and that he's stupid... Are you kidding me??? I proceeded to lmao for a few minutes when I found out that the salesman up front handed that kid's arse to him after showing him that any oil will break down from heat/wear eventually. ::sighs:: I hate people like him. I swear to god, I think he's a crackhead.