Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Why do they act like this?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Music soothes the soul

Last journal entry: Wiring finished finally
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke
You find people like this all the time.
I work in a trade and there are always guys that say the know so much but over time they prove what little they do know. Starting out I had a great journeyman tell me never to talk about what you know to someone else but let your work prove your knowledge and you will get more respect.
I hope I can make that kind of impact on a apprentice some day. He not only taught me how to do my job but taught me how to be humble as he humbled me many time.LOL.
I know how people like that can drive you crazy but they will show themselves sooner or later.
This does remind me of what happened a while back at work. One of the guys I worked with left a torque wrench set at 140 ft/lbs. I told him that he shouldn't do that or it'll lose it's accuracy if you don't return it to 0 because if you leave something dialed in at such a high setting, the springs will lose their rigidity and will mess up its calibration. I've been advised this by people in real life so I didn't make it up obviously and it's common sense if you think about it. One of our "mechanics" overheard me saying that and said, "Don't listen to him, he's stupid. It'll be fine if you leave it like that." People these days...