Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Why do they act like this?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 01:46 AM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

i love it when my own family tries to impress me with their automotive knowledge

you know who DOESNT try to argue with me about cars ? my father, the only other car person in my immediate family. sure he argues with on some stuff, but its the usual car guy vs car guy stuff

on the other hand, theres my mother, who has yet to grasp the idea that she doesnt know enough about cars to correct me

case in point:

my sister managed to back her truck into a economy car at the gas station. her hitch destroyed the bumper and the tail light panel. the estimate for the economy car was $2000 ... a reasonable amount considering the spare tire was jammed in its well ....

my sister asserted that "the cars bumper was hardly scratched"

my mom was nice enough to tell me "you havent worked at a shop in years, how do you know what the repairs would cost??" then proceeded to argue with me about it for a week

my older brother, even worse, but at least he shuts up as soon as i shoot him down once or twice.