Why do we care? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2004, 09:13 PM
Grumpy

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Why do we care?

Why do we care who will win?

I mean we already know who is going to win, just *.

So honestly, why do any of you think anyone else besides bush will have even a remote chance of winning the presidency? We all know what happened last election and we all saw how our vote doesnt count for *, so honestly why even argue about it?

Why?

Advertisement

Last edited by Jon; 10-31-2004 at 02:33 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2004, 09:42 PM

Last wiki edit: Header design
Last journal entry: And still more pics...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Why not? Exercise your right, if you don't, you have no reason to gripe. Bush is not guaranteed a win, wasn't in the last election. The fiasco surrounding the results last time were the product of an inept system, not the fault of either candidate. Put your conspiracy theories in the garbage, because that is just what they are. Losers always find something the pick to peices about why they didn't/couldn't/were supposed to win. Would have been the same if Gore had won, just from the other side of the aisle.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Member# 3287

Last journal entry: Vortec Heads
Last photo:

Will this ever end?
Old 10-30-2004, 11:53 PM
stuff'n things'n whatnot

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by MI2600
Will this ever end?
It will continue till the end of time I just try to ignore it!
Old 10-31-2004, 12:56 AM
Hauling A55 BURNING GASS!!!

Last journal entry: bros car
Last photo:

i dont know about you guys. but honestly i dont think bush stands a chance. look at him for gods sake. vote nader,now nader doesnt stand a chance but still kerry is the winner and our next president. i'll bet on it if anyone wants to bet. i have a car to bet on it bush wins i dont want to be american and i definetly dont want an american car if hes president.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:27 AM
Be American, Buy American!

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Morency
i dont know about you guys. but honestly i dont think bush stands a chance. look at him for gods sake. vote nader,now nader doesnt stand a chance but still kerry is the winner and our next president. i'll bet on it if anyone wants to bet. i have a car to bet on it bush wins i dont want to be american and i definetly dont want an american car if hes president.

BYE, Have a good life.

Al
Old 10-31-2004, 01:35 AM
Hauling A55 BURNING GASS!!!

Last journal entry: bros car
Last photo:

thanx, i will. when i become president of the usa
Old 10-31-2004, 01:45 AM

Re: Why do we care?

Quote:
Originally posted by 87442lover
Why do we care who will win?

So honestly, why do any of you think anyone else besides bush will have even a remote chance of winning the presidency? We all know what happened last election and we all saw how our vote doesnt count for *, so honestly why even argue about it?

Why?

IF YOU READ THIS, YOU WILL NO LONGER HAVE A REASON TO REMAIN IGNORANT ABOUT THE SYSTEM.

http://www.fed.gov/pdf/eleccoll.pdf

How the Electoral College Works
The current workings of the Electoral College are the result of both design and experience. As it now operates:

Each State is allocated a number of Electors equal to the number of its U.S. Senators (always 2) plus the number of its U.S. Representatives (which may change each decade according to the size of each State's population as determined in the Census).
The political parties (or independent candidates) in each State submit to the State's chief election official a list of individuals pledged to their candidate for president and equal in number to the State's electoral vote. Usually, the major political parties select these individuals either in their State party conventions or through appointment by their State party leaders while third parties and independent candidates merely designate theirs.
Members of Congress and employees of the federal government are prohibited from serving as an Elector in order to maintain the balance between the legislative and executive branches of the federal government.
After their caucuses and primaries, the major parties nominate their candidates for president and vice president in their national conventions
traditionally held in the summer preceding the election. (Third parties and independent candidates follow different procedures according to the individual State laws). The names of the duly nominated candidates are then officially submitted to each State's chief election official so that they might appear on the general election ballot.

On the Tuesday following the first Monday of November in years divisible by four, the people in each State cast their ballots for the party slate of Electors representing their choice for president and vice president (although as a matter of practice, general election ballots normally say "Electors for" each set of candidates rather than list the individual Electors on each slate).
Whichever party slate wins the most popular votes in the State becomes that State's Electors-so that, in effect, whichever presidential ticket gets the most popular votes in a State wins all the Electors of that State. [The two exceptions to this are Maine and Nebraska where two Electors are chosen by statewide popular vote and the remainder by the popular vote within each Congressional district].
On the Monday following the second Wednesday of December (as established in federal law) each State's Electors meet in their respective State capitals and cast their electoral votes-one for president and one for vice president.
In order to prevent Electors from voting only for "favorite sons" of their home State, at least one of their votes must be for a person from outside their State (though this is seldom a problem since the parties have consistently nominated presidential and vice presidential candidates from different States).
The electoral votes are then sealed and transmitted from each State to the President of the Senate who, on the following January 6, opens and reads them before both houses of the Congress.
The candidate for president with the most electoral votes, provided that it is an absolute majority (one over half of the total), is declared president. Similarly, the vice presidential candidate with the absolute majority of electoral votes is declared vice president.
In the event no one obtains an absolute majority of electoral votes for president, the U.S. House of Representatives (as the chamber closest to the people) selects the president from among the top three contenders with each State casting only one vote and an absolute majority of the States being required to elect. Similarly, if no one obtains an absolute majority for vice president, then the U.S. Senate makes the selection from among the top two contenders for that office.
At noon on January 20, the duly elected president and vice president are sworn into office.
Occasionally questions arise about what would happen if the pesidential or vice presidential candidate died at some point in this process.For answers to these, as well as to a number of other "what if" questions, readers are advised to consult a small volume entitled After the People Vote: Steps in Choosing the President edited by Walter Berns and published in 1983 by the American Enterprise Institute. Similarly, further details on the history and current functioning of the Electoral College are available in the second edition of Congressional Quarterly's Guide to U.S. Elections, a real goldmine of information, maps, and statistics

Last edited by Gr8 '48 bow tie; 10-31-2004 at 02:16 AM.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:13 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
bush wins i dont want to be american
good, we don't want you to be an American either...........so take your butt over to one of the third world countries and have a great life.

STUPID!!!!!!!!!!
thats like me saying "if Kerry wins, i don't want to be an American".
i hate that lying peice of crap, but i mean come on..........did you actually think before you typed that.... or for that matter do you trully feel that way? if so take you crap and get the hell out, we don't need you.

freaking liberals..........they're like women, can't make them happy
Old 10-31-2004, 01:19 AM
Grumpy

Last photo:

Re: Re: Why do we care?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gr8 '48 bow tie
IF YOU READ THIS, YOU WILL NO LONGER HAVE A REASON TO REMAIN IGNORANT ABOUT THE SYSTEM.

http://www.fed.gov/pdf/eleccoll.pdf
A PERFECT example of brainwashing. It doesnt even matter what the country votes for! We could have 99% for papa smurf over here, and 1% for bush and bush would still get elected.

Why you ask?

Because of the little thing called "electorial college" These people (if they are even considered human anymore) look at the popular votes and then decide "Aaahh.. We dont like what the people of this country want, we want bush back in office, screw the people" Pretty much how it is, sorry to inform you of this.

The System Has Failed.

oh... and your link doesnt work.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:23 AM

I put the text in my post that the link would not work in.

Al
Old 10-31-2004, 03:31 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

The winner should be President and the loser should be Vice President. That way both sides would be somewhat happy. They're both supposed to be the smartest thing going right now All I know ids that in a couple of more days all this crap on television and all the phone solicitations will be over. Them my taxes go up because of the local levies that will be passed because of the threats to do away with everything if they don't. I just hope that a lot of the younger ones that have decided to vote this year KNOWS what they are going to be voting on instead of voting a certain way because that is the way that their parents have always voted, or their friends are going to vote a certain way so they will do the same. This is the one time in their life that they can be an individual and vote for what they believe in.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:38 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

Good idea Keven but they want the Vice president to be helpful and not combative to the office of the president and he probably would have his own agenda and be at odds with the president instead of helping him.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 10-31-2004, 08:01 AM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

The electoral college should have done away with before this election.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:24 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

lol, honestly the only one really qualified to be prez is Dick cheney. He's so unapologetic, it makes me smile.

K

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.