Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Why does fuel pressure drops when electric fan turns on
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 11:39 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hey guys, thanks for the replys, it seems to me that the rpm doesn't change when the fan comes on. So if it is slowing down I can't tell. The idle is set around 750. To answer chevfreaks question, I was told before to install an electric pump in the system to solve the problem, but it didnt stop it. So now I have the electric pump as well as the mechanical pump on the truck. So is the 100 amp alt too small? I have gone to numerous car shows and have looked at other guys set ups and mine looks just like most that I have seen, nothing special. So I don't understand why "I" am having this problem! I have braided lines running from the pressure regulator up to the pressure gauge. From the pressure gauge is the filter then a hard line to the carb. I have even tried putting on some insulation over the regulator up to the filter. It didnt stop the pressure drop. I am all out of ideas!