Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Why was hinge info request dumped?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

I dumped it.

No double posting, as referenced in the Guidelines, viewable from the link in my signature. I've recently formalized the Guidelines, so I know everyone hasn't had a chance to review them yet.

Here's a quote from the Placing Questions in the Proper Forum sub-heading of our Guidelines:
Quote:
Please don't post the same topic in multiple forums. Choose one forum in which to post your question.

Obviously, some topics can reasonably be placed in multiple forums. For example, a question about a steering wheel could go in the Suspension-Brakes-Steering forum, or in the Interior forum. In such a situation, just make a judgement call as to where you think your question would best belong.
Making the same post in multiple forums is a very bad organizational tactic. If one person were allowed to do it, then anyone could do it, whenever they wanted. Conversations would become fragmented and disjointed, and the very fabric of the space-time continuum would tear itself asunder, leaving us to fend for ourselves in a universe devoid of shape and meaning.

You make a very good case for this particular instance of double-posting. Nevertheless, the rule is in place as an *overall* method of organization. It won't apply perfectly to every situation, but *overall*, it is very reasonable.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if not, and I'll be happy to explain further.