Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Why I have grown to hate the Small Block Chevy..... an essay
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 04:38 PM
ASE Certified Master Machinist

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: More Pics
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Centerline, I can definitely agree with you on this issue. I do alot of work with a local street rod club and most of the rods are powered by sbc's. I used to have 2 392's that I offered to build for someone building a hot rod and there was no interest. I heard "too expensive", " too heavy", "too hard to get parts for", etc. I am building a flathead for a customers street rod project and I can't wait for him to get it completed. By the way, if anyone has a line on some Ardun heads, I'm interested. I also have a Pontiac engine going together with Ram Air V heads and a blower for a drag car.
I have been a judge at their annual show and it does get old looking at the same thing year after year. I always look for something different and unique. Take a look at my avatar. That's what I'm looking for for my next project. A wet Arias block and heads. Something different. Expensive, but different.