Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Why I have grown to hate the Small Block Chevy..... an essay
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 01:40 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hate Is A Strong Word

IT IS A VERY STRONG WORD WHEN IT COMES TO AN ENGINE THAT HAS BEEN THE CREAM OF THE CROP ON ALL KINDS OF TRACKS.
THE SBC HAS A VERY LONG HISTORY WITH JUST ABOUT EVERYONE THAT IS OVER THE AGE OF 30. THOSE OF US IN OUR 50'S REMEMBER EVERY YEAR WHEN THE NEW CARS CAME OUT. THOSE WERE SOME GREAT DAYS FOR THE AUTO INDUSTRY. EVERY NEIBOR WENT SHOPPING FOR THE NEW FORDS OR CHEVS. AND MOPARS. THE SMALL BLOCK THAT STANDS OUT IN MY MIND IS THE 1969 302 CHEV. I HAVE WON MANY A $5.00 BILL TO THOSE YOUNG-INS THAT THINK THE 302 WAS JUST A FORD MOTOR. THE SB HAS A SOFT SPOT IN MANY HEARTS. IT WAS PROBABLY THE FIRST ENGINE YOU HAD IN THE FIRST CAR YOU HAD IN WHICH YOU GOT YOUR FIRST NOOKIE IN.
TODAY GUYS MAKE THERE MINDS UP ON WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO USE IN THEIR RODS (I HOPE) FOR MORE THEN JUST BEING LAZY.
THERE ARE SO MANY OPTIONS OUT THERE TODAY WITH WIREING AND OTHER ITEMS THAT A GUY COULD THROW JUST ABOUT ANYTHING IN ANYTHING. SO I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH THIS ESSAY. I HOPE THERE ARE MORE INDIVIDUALS OUT THERE THAT DON'T FOLLOW THE MASSES. THEY USE WHAT THEY USE FOR THE LOVE OF THE ENGINE.