Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Why I have grown to hate the Small Block Chevy..... an essay
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 03:58 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by KACHINA321
......... I HOPE THERE ARE MORE INDIVIDUALS OUT THERE THAT DON'T FOLLOW THE MASSES. THEY USE WHAT THEY USE FOR THE LOVE OF THE ENGINE.
The problem is that a lot of people don't use the SBC for the love of the engine. They use it because everyone else is using it, or they're just too lazy to spend the little extra time it takes to install something different. Most people are followers anyway.... It's human nature. Oh yea, please don't post in all caps. It's the same thing as yelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy829
I didn't read every post, just the initial rant, and I have another answer for you. I had flatheads, and buick straight eights and fords in the 50's, but i fell in love with the sbc. Owned a 57, 59 and my favorite a 63 327 when I was 20. I've been a Chevy man for over 40 years. I buy Chevy trucks and SUV's for the Chevy motor. I like em, and feel I know em. Why the hell would I put something else in my street rod? Because everyone else likes them too?
I like Chevy trucks too. I buy them and put hemis in them. As for you're love of the SBC that's fine. You say you read my essay but it's obvious that you didn't understand it. As I mentioned above the majority of people put the SBC in their streetrod because because it's easy. They're followers not leaders. That's not to say that a lot of people do it because they like the SBC, but a great number do it because they're just plain lazy.

Last edited by Centerline; 02-28-2007 at 04:05 PM.