Why Quick Fuel carb? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2007, 01:15 AM

Last journal entry: Hand brake
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Why Quick Fuel carb?

I haven't bought a carb for my hot rod project yet. It's a 34 ford with T56 transmission. The motor is a near stock Chevy 350, but there are plans for modifying later.
I want to buy a carb that will work nice both on the near stock engine from the start and in a later 350 hp modified version too.

The most commom carb would be an Edelbrock, Holley, Demon or Q-jet.
But why not a Quick Fuel Super Street? Would that one have any advantages before the other, more common ones?

I mean. On a hot rod, the look counts and the Quick Fuel looks very good to me. And it would be an eye catching detail on the engine.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2007, 06:43 AM

The guys at Quick Fuel make some very good carburetors. If you like the look, than really that would be the most important thing. The owners there worked for Holley for close to 50 years, so they know about carburetors. Check with their staff to see specifically which carburetor they recommend for your combination.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:00 PM

Last photo:

Nothing wrong with a Quick Fuel carb. It is a Holley "style" carb. So when you say you see Holley recommended, that would include many of the different or aftermarket Holley "stlye" carbs.

Royce
Old 12-18-2007, 06:41 PM

Last journal entry: New Attitude
Last photo:

Ditto. I have been using Marvin's carbs for years on my 1963 Savoy street car and a matching drag car. I pass by his shop every day. If you like the looks, use it. The performance will be there.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:50 AM
Bottle Fed

Last photo:

Just an FYI....I was told by Proform that Quick Fuel assembles all of their carbs. May save you a few bucks.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:38 PM

Last journal entry: New Attitude
Last photo:

I know for a fact that quickfuel uses Proform main bodies, so they probably assemble the proform carbs as well. The Proform casting are extremely nice.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:06 AM

Last journal entry: Hand brake
Last photo:

Thanks for the inputs guys!

It isn't hard to find people with bad experineces with holley, Demon or Edelbrock carbs. The main reason for that is of course the fact that those three companies are selling a very large part of total amount after market carbs.

But maybe those companies simply are growing to much? When a company grow enough, the young smartguys with their expensinve economi grades enters the scene.
First they do is to start destroy everything that aren't possible to put a price tag on, like the value of good customer service and the value of good quality control. Not right away, but slowly piece by piece.

After a few years the company struggles with a bad reputation. If it all goes to h***, the smartguys just jump over to the next company to offer their "services".

Maybe a long shot away from the carbs, but I'll rather stick with the smaller company were the guys with the know how still are in charge.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.