Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - And this is why you ALWAYS intermix cans of paint.
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
When it comes to mixing, whites are the worst, wouldn't you agree Brian? Of coarse most of the toner is white, but, to give different shades of white, an extremely small amount of blacks, blues, greens or oxides are added. If your off just the slightest amount, your color's off...This coupled with variances (different shades or hues of the same color) from the factory, now you've got an even more agonizing experience...Tinting any color is an art, tinting white is the epitome of the art. I find white to be the hardest color to spray, it's difficult to see where your going or where you've been, I call it going snow blind...Most forgiving color though for suspect body work.

Ray
Yep Ray I totally agree. You have to take many breaks when you are matching white because your eyes get tired very quickly. After a little staring at a color spray out that looks the same, walk away for a while and come back and it looks totally different!

Brian