Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - And this is why you ALWAYS intermix cans of paint.
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,318 Times in 1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
Your right, in the days that I went from shop to shop trying to solve basic paint and or color issues, a pattern quickly emerged. It seemed as though certain shops would have a multitude of paint problems, while another shop down the street never had these issues with the same product. Most paint problems are human error, a good painter solves his or her own problems. The painter that I never heard a complaint from and put out a high volume and quality of work was a painter in the true definition of the word painter, the ones that always had a situation that they deemed to be a paint problem blaming product in my mind where applicators. Paint is paint, they all work, some may have a more user friendly clear or a better sanding primer whatever, real painters solves their issues in the both and not by pointing fingers.

Ray
It's so funny how I remember the same thing, "That paint sucks" and you have shops all over using it without a hitch. Which is also the hard part, so does every other paint, they ALL work, there is nothing you are going to walk in there with and knock them dead with, not unless their supplier has no tech help and they are working with the wrong products. You can walk in there with the right products to make their job easier and they think it's all your brand, yet if their rep had went in with the right stuff which they have, he would still have the account. But you have nothing that the other companies don't have, that is the first and hardest thing to learn as a rep.

Brian