Wich is a better and faster moter for my 84 monte carlo supersport - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2003, 01:51 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Question Wich is a better and faster moter for my 84 monte carlo supersport

Wich would be a better and faster moter for my monte carlo SS.Is a 388Stroker or a 400 SB chevy better...id like to have both low and high end torque.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2003, 10:07 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

to paraphrase a previous response to the same question. more cubic inches is always better torque
Old 10-22-2003, 05:06 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

spell checker, who needs a spell checker?

Dude, use The spell checker, you look like and idiot. I believe its a 383 stroker, thats more common than the 388. Fast is all in your right foot. Press down go fast, let up slow down. Then there is the brake to stop with.

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 10-23-2003, 03:25 PM
Superior Wheels Quality Tech

Last photo:

Your 15.. Get your license and learn how to drive first... Then worry about going fast.

Lead foot + Inexperienced Drivers = VERY VERY BAD

Instead of worring about what motor will make it go faster you need to think about getting the frame built to handle the extra power and brakes that will stop you when you need it.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:43 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Better yet...build a car to cruise. Get some driving years under your belt before you decide you have to go fast. You have the rest of your life to build a fast car. Don't shorten it in a few years. I'm sure sat 15 you think you have the world by the *** but believe me the cemeteries are full and filling up with ones with the same gotta go fast mentality.

Kevin
Old 10-26-2003, 06:57 AM

Kevin45 you are so right. I was a leadfoot from the word go and I consider myself VERY LUCKY to be here today. Today I limit my need for speed for the track. At 15 you should consider building a nice cruiser and make minor mods as you go till you get to where you can handle a 400 plus horsepower engine. My son who is now 13 has his eyes set on my 71 GTO and hopes to get it when he turns 18 but I'm not sure if I'm going to turn him lose with something he may not be able to handle and I may put together something milder than my Goat and let him get used to that first. I saw to many people get hurt and killed by driving to fast in the 70's ( I lost a very good friend in a fiery headon wreck in 76). He was a very good driver and the other car was left of center and both traveling in excess of 100 mph. 3 people died in that wreck that night, all under the age of 19. I hope I don't scare anyone too much but the facts speak for themselves and I have lived long enough to talk about it and try to help out the younger ones just starting out.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.