Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wiki: "How Can I Title My Hot Rod"
View Single Post
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 11:58 AM
klif50 klif50 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Douglasville, GA
Posts: 16
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Titling in Georgia

Georgia is a backward state in a lot of ways but it's easy to title a rod. The state does not issue titles for cars older than 25 years old so all I need is a hand written bill of sale and a binder from my insurance company that I have minimum coverage on it then the tag is 20 bucks and the ad valorem tax on my 52 Chevy is about $4.
Come on down, title your rod in Georgia, then go back to your state with your Georgia paperwork. They never even look at the car unless you don't have a VIN number then a local policeman will verify it doesn't have a vin and you send in paperwork that says they looked at it and your bill of sale and they issue you a new Vin tag and number.
Good luck getting yours on the road.
Reply With Quote