Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Will a 08 F-150 bench sest fit in a 65 Chevy truck
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 07:31 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child View Post
If I recall, that vintage Chebbie had the gas tank behind the seat - hopefully the OP will be taking it out, replacing it with something under the bed and in a safer location. That would give a bit more room.

As far as tracks - they have plenty of adjustment for placing a seat. You just have to make sure you take that into account when placing the seats.

My biggest gripe with many new seats are the head rests with to me just look wrong in an older vehicle
yes the chevy/gmc has tank in truck, removing it gains you nothing as the seat hits the ledge that holds the rear window..
removing it. does allow room for the subwoofer and speakers he asked about in another thread..
so far the best bench seat compo for these is the dodge 2000 ish split bench..(per the truck site)
while junkyard crawling, and measuring, so far the best bucket arangment I've found that will work real well is the 2nd gen blazer concole with shifter on floor and Pontiac Aztec buckets, now if I could find a seat some a-h at the u-picket hasn't desided to destroy for kicks.. I'll replace my facory bench. as it's like a soft spring no support and straight up back(almost) I'm 5'10 so I can move the seat forward some to recline it a little..
most times the thicker seats require (unless a thin under 5'11 driver) the column to be shortened(shown on truck site) or a tilt column, and finding a factory tilt isn't easy, tho. someone repo's it, just can't remember whom.. many use the van tilt.. not sure up to what year iirc mid/late 70's
maybe into the 80's I'd have to research that..
if the o/p has anytype of gut, or is a big boy or tall the thick seats will blow ,tho you might get by with a 13" wheel.. not ideal on a slow stear box..
or hunt down a set of buddy buckets

Last edited by gearheadslife; 08-09-2013 at 07:39 AM.