Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Engine (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/engine/)
-   -   Will a 14x2" air filter have good air flow (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/will-14x2-air-filter-have-good-air-flow-227317.html)

the82elco 12-18-2012 04:31 PM

Will a 14x2" air filter have good air flow
 
Will a 14x2" air filter have good air flow?? This is the only one thats fits under my hood.

hcompton 12-18-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the82elco (Post 1624217)
Will a 14x2" air filter have good air flow?? This is the only one thats fits under my hood.

Edelbrock makes a 1000cfm filter that is almost flat and its cheap. I have a c4 vete so not much will fit under the stock hood.

K & N also makes regular round filters in most sizes and they flow a lot more air. Also check out the filter lid every little bit helps.

Hope this helps

the82elco 12-18-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcompton (Post 1624224)
Edelbrock makes a 1000cfm filter that is almost flat and its cheap. I have a c4 vete so not much will fit under the stock hood.

K & N also makes regular round filters in most sizes and they flow a lot more air. Also check out the filter lid every little bit helps.

Hope this helps

are u talking about the edelbrock pro-flo 1000. if so i heard that they are trash & don't flow good

vinniekq2 12-18-2012 05:12 PM

I had the same problem on my c-3.now I have a bigger hood(see picture)

hcompton 12-18-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the82elco (Post 1624227)
are u talking about the edelbrock pro-flo 1000. if so i heard that they are trash & don't flow good

Always works for me. Nothing to it and the bottom is a nice venturi shape. I got to think it flows well. Now if you have no hood room and use this filter just for clearence with no space above ot they will not flow well. But if a normal filter fits the proflow should have clearence. If flow is not right then just change the element its just flat foam so no big deal to make a new pne out pf better filter material. But i think its pretty good from the factory. 1000 cfm is a big number and edelbrock is not the type pf company to post dreamed up numbers.

But if you dont like the edelbrock 20 dollar air cleaner you can get k&n setup

k&n makes a 14x2 round filter and you can get the filter lid to give it some help.

Here is a link to show a picture of one. But i think the price seems high this is just the first grab off the google search.

K&N Filters 66-1101 : K&N Filters X-Stream Air Filter Lid 66-1101

hcompton 12-18-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinniekq2 (Post 1624233)
I had the same problem on my c-3.now I have a bigger hood(see picture)

Yeah if you want a tall intake in a vette you need a new hood or a hole in your stock one. Torker II and proflow is the next biggest thing that half way works. But really not a soution for big power. Just the stuff that fits.

ssmonty 12-18-2012 05:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Are you using a dropped base air filter housing?
ssmonty

the82elco 12-18-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssmonty (Post 1624252)
Are you using a dropped base air filter housing?
ssmonty

yea.. but i have a performer rpm intake & a 1" carb spacer so it sits high

F-BIRD'88 12-18-2012 06:38 PM

All you need is to get and use the right OEM 60-70's era corvette air cleaner base.
14x3" filter fits with room to spare when you use the corvette base.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.