Will 1976-81 firebird rear bumpers fit my '75 without trouble? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Pontiac Pilot

Wiki Edits: 0

Will 1976-81 firebird rear bumpers fit my '75 without trouble?

I was looking over my '75 formula today, and noticed my little rubber bumpers were getting pretty worn out. I always thought they were ugly anyways, so I got to thinking, maybe a rear bumper from a later second gen would work just fine. I'm pretty sure theyre interchangeable, but I wanted to know for sure.

Another thing, my front bumpers pretty worn out too... My uncle has the front bumper from a '75 Camaro, and I was wondering if it would fit my car without much trouble... A solid metal bumper painted to match the body seems like it could turn out quite nice.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Pontiac Knowledge Base Editor

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I put a 81 bumper on a 78 with no trouble. The tail lights are a different story. The quarters are the same and the bumpers line up. The tail lights may or may not. I chose to change my tails for a newer look. But it was 15 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.