Hot Rod Forum banner

Will it ever end...new pics

757 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Sandflea427SS 
#1 ·
Dammit!! Cant anything just go right?! I got my make shift bonnet thrown together so I can get this thing running....and just like everything else another problem arises. HOOD CLEARANCE!! The freakin' rubber reducer rubs the hood when closed. Not like I spent alot of time on the ugly thing, but I would just like to have something go right for a change. I just wanted something untill I have the time and energy to design/build the water/air charge cooler. It seems this thing will never end. I guess this is what happens when you try to cobble a bunch of crap together to make insane amouts of horsepower on a budget. NOTHING WORKS! I suppose I will try again this weekend......

Need another confidence booster I guess. It is getting discouraging. Another thing is a bad hall effect sensor on the pro-flo. I decided to go to a mallory billet distributor instead of buying a new sensor at $80. Now I need new plug wires and a coil......my credit card hates me right now.

Someone had asked for more pics as I got the turbo piping and everything further along so I am trying to attatch one here, but if it does not work, they are in my album.

See less See more
#5 ·
Re: Forget it.

Madd Syntst said:
It isn't worth the trouble to work out the bugs. Me and the boys will drive to the Lone Star state and get it out of your sight. There are a lot of nice Honda's out there:rolleyes:

Dont forget your trailer, this thing still is not running;)

Chris

DragTour69XL said:
Swap out the rubber reducer with one that does not have, or as much of, an expantion section.

Do you have heat problems with the location of your turbo?

While I realize I can probably find another rubber reducer, that is the only style I could find that went from 4 to 3 inch. I will figure something out, it is just frustrating since I wanted to crank this thing next weekend.

As for heat, it is a concern. I am going to build an alumunum heat sheild to go around the turbine. My main concern is hood paint.....I may wind up ceramicoating the turbine and exhaust.

Chris

#6 ·
Awesome.....

It's been awhile since I've seen how your truck is coming along and all I have to say is "AWESOME". I think you've done a great job with all that plumbing, but I think you might run into problems with underhood heat. You've come a long ways pretty quickly with this truck, but the details you're running into may seem to be the real test making everything work together. I have to admit that at first I thought you were biting off more than you could chew. You've proven me wrong on that though, so far.:p Seriously though, crack open a cold one and sit back and admire what you have accomplishied, I know I would. :)

Oh yeah, my credit card has hated me for quite some time.:evil:

#7 ·
Thanks BstMech. I have sometimes felt like it was more than I could chew.......as a matter of fact daily. I just keep jumping hurdles as they come. It has certainly taken more time and money than planned, but then again that is hotrodding.

As for heat, I am a little concerned myself. That is one of the reasons I am not running inner fenders and have a two square foot opening at the back of the hood. I am guessing that after I end up bubbling the paint on the hood, I will take all the the exhaust down to be coated while I am repainting the hood. I will just have to see how it goes. This is pretty much race only and Saturday night cruising so it might get by. I am sure the battle will be far from over after the buildup is complete. Tuning is going to be a nightmare, and all my fabrication will be put to the test. Wish me luck.....it will run one day....oh yes it will.

Chris

#8 ·
Hey man, that thing looks riiiiight on!!!!
Get the bugs worked out and we'll start selling packages.
I am in a quandary since my buddies 58,000 mile 87 S-10 has recently been fender bended. I bought the truck at auction with only 29,000 miles on it for $2000.00, then traded him for a Z-28.
I have the drop spindles for it and other parts to fix it and I'll just explain to him that the turbo V-8 is the way I thought it came. Shuck, I guess I got the parts mixed up.....:evil: :D

#9 ·
Sandflea427SS said:
Hey man, that thing looks riiiiight on!!!!
Get the bugs worked out and we'll start selling packages.
I am in a quandary since my buddies 58,000 mile 87 S-10 has recently been fender bended. I bought the truck at auction with only 29,000 miles on it for $2000.00, then traded him for a Z-28.
I have the drop spindles for it and other parts to fix it and I'll just explain to him that the turbo V-8 is the way I thought it came. Shuck, I guess I got the parts mixed up.....:evil: :D
You know there is good money in building turbo kits. Problem is the equipment need to mass produce a kit that is not made of 100 different weld els cut and welding to get pipe shape needed. I would like to own and operate a race shop one day, but I have to figure a way to start immediate revenue. I cant starve while starting a shop, and there are no guarantees with any business, but I have been thinking about it for some time. I just need the right opportunity.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.