Will I get sick - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2004, 06:02 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by Mag
I work on home respiratory equipment for a living. I'm in and out of the house of people with breathing problems all day long. The most prevalent of couse are the smokers. But after that, are the welders and painters.
Good point!
Next time its a pain to put on a mask, think what it would be like strapping one of your welding tanks to your body so your lungs will work.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2004, 11:28 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

New to this forum, so just came across this thread, and thought it appropriate for me to enter this reply.
In 1968, as an 18 year old fresh out of H.S. I was employed by the Fisher Body Division of Oldsmobiles Lansing Michigan plant, where my first 5 years were spent working in the 'Arc Booth' welding and brazing on the Olds 88 and 98 (B&C body) production line. (Olds first hired me at 16, but thats another story)
In particular relationship to this thread, one position that I held was mig welding the galvanized trunk floor pans, which required leaning far into the trunks. Normal production in those days was in the range of 300-350 bodies per shift.
Although we were provided with large overhead mounted fans to dissipate the fumes,there were no masks, in the course of welding, our disposable welding shields would become permanently coated with a white deposit from the zinc welding fumes, progressively obstructing vision, so the shields were normally replaced twice daily, at starting time and 4 hours latter after lunch break.
I was on this trunk welding job for several months, until problems with my sinuses bleeding, got me transferred to a different position. That was 36 years ago, and I'm still around,
and I still do a lot of welding, That said, I still fear there may ultimately be long effects on my health from exposure.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.