Votes: 2 22.2%
  • NO!

Votes: 2 22.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will my 700r4 hold?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Crosley 
#1 ·
I have just built a 355 chevy, with an all forged bottom end, flat top pistons (10.75:1), pro lightning 220CC heads, 268-H Comp cam, victor JR intake, 750 Speed Demon, 1956 Chevy 4 door wagon (3400 lbs), 3.55 rearend gears. The trans was rebuilt by a reputable trans shop, but at the time, I just had a crate 350, so did not have anything really special done to it. I plan on getting a trans cooler ASAP obviously, but is it possible the trans will hold it? Thanks in advance.

Kyle

#2 ·
spyders03 said:
I have just built a 355 chevy, with an all forged bottom end, flat top pistons (10.75:1), pro lightning 220CC heads, 268-H Comp cam, victor JR intake, 750 Speed Demon, 1956 Chevy 4 door wagon (3400 lbs), 3.55 rearend gears. The trans was rebuilt by a reputable trans shop, but at the time, I just had a crate 350, so did not have anything really special done to it. I plan on getting a trans cooler ASAP obviously, but is it possible the trans will hold it? Thanks in advance.

Kyle
It should , your intake don't start making power till about 4000 rpm, and your carb is too big. So I would think it will be mighty sluggish on bottom end.
JMO

#5 ·
spyders03 said:
dgcantrellsr,

I now only have a 600 CFM EDL carb, and I forgot to mention I have 1.6 rollers. How much power do you think that it might even have?

I think the top end of your motor is geared more to the drag aspect , big valves, big runners, high rpm intake, as for power , I don't know , but I do think it ain't gonna have much bottom end ,your cam is 1500-5500 , intake don't start making power to about 4000-4500, Most of the time bigger :nono: is not always better. Also it would depend on the converter stall as to the bottom end performance ie HAMMER DOWN ! JMO

#6 ·
This is pretty much how I got the motor. I was planning on doing an RPM air-gap, but can't for the angle of the heads. Also, I do plan on having a cam custom ground for the motor & car, because that cam is going to hold it down alot! Any other suggestions from any of the masterminds in here, also maybe a cam suggestion? I was thinking Comps 280, I don't want to go too radical, probably no more than a 294 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.