will a paxton SN93 supercharger fit my 351w? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2005, 08:47 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

will a paxton SN93 supercharger fit my 351w?

ive got a 351w from a 80's crown vic police cruiser in my hot rod. its got the variable venturi carb on it. will the SN93 supercharger that i have fit on it. can it be used with the vv carb or would i have to get a new carb. i have only the supercharger no other parts to it. what do i need to hook this up. i can make all the stuff its just finding out what i need to make. ive seen the mounting bracket for one of these and it has other pullies on it. if i build my own bracket do i need them or can i go straight from the motor pully to the supercharger. i will take any kind of info that i can get. thanks Tim

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2005, 09:13 AM
its not my fault

Last photo:

i think you would want to. lol, the VV and the EFBC are ford nighmares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2005, 01:00 AM

For the love of God! get rid of the vv carb! As a former dealership tech. I only have BAD thinds to say about them. Sometimes you can find one that's not crapped out. But you'd be better off with a Carter AFB or the Edelbrock knockoff of the AFB. If the Paxton setup is similar to the Vortec, then you'll have to have idler and tensioner pulleys if you fabricate your own bracket. I'd check around some swap meets for a bracket first. Or , at the very least, Check if Paxton has a web site and get as much info about your supercharger as you can. Another recommendation would be; provided you can afford it, Instead of a carb. Get a Holley TBI kit. Or an aftermarket TPI system to go with the Paxton. That way you can program your own fuel map. I'd also go with a prgrammable ignition box like an MSD. That way you can have finer tuning of your fuel and spark timing needs to go with the boost. Sorry this is becoming a book. Hope it helped. -mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.