Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Will Rear Disc's Stop Better Than Rear Drums??
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblin65
Xntrik,

Who makes the best shoes in your opinion? Has anyone tried these folks? http://www.praisedynobrake.com/index.htm

I've got 4 wheel non-power drums on my 65 Rambler Classic, and just want to find the best shoes for it.

I have had very good service with Wagner products.
If available I prefer the ThermoQuiet series.

Auto Zone sells a high performance brand that seems to work well for many people. Be advised that rotor material varies and so does the pad material... Not every pad is compatible with every rotor. I have seen new rotors installed with new pads and in 8,000 easy miles both were totally ruined.

So many people buy the cheapest pads they can get, insisting that lifetime guarantee is the important thing.. Cheapo NAPA or AZ pads are false economy. Buy good stuff that will STOP.

You can't imagine how many people I have seen convert to disk brakes and then buy $ 8 pads.... and later complain about increased pedal pressure and limited stopping ability.....they run around in circles chasing master cylinders, rubber brake lines, bleeding brakes. mmmmmm.

Last edited by xntrik; 01-11-2006 at 02:54 PM.