Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Willys Body parts
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 10:57 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtkart
As I recall, there was a guy at the last MM that was helping on Randy's project car, that was also making panels for a Willys of his own. Randy was helping him understand what it was he was doing. It was a dream come true for me to actually watch Randy explain things as he, or someone else did them. Although I have made patch panels and the like for many years, I learned very quickly that there was definately a better way.

He probably knows more about the metal in an original Willys body than anyone.

Aaron
--------------------------------------------------------------
What is funny is the first time I went, because of my lead-ing experience I prided myself in being a top notch metal finisher.
I always though I had a real touch for metal finishing and worked in the 70's at a production shop (crap shop, that did rental cars) and would get chewed out because I could metal finish a ping-ding as fast as I could fill it with filler and boss would see the end result and chew me to no end for not just slapping filler on it. Once I went to metal meet and watching these guys, I realized real quick I did not know what I was doing, period!
What an ego buster!