Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Willys Body parts
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Just havin' fun.....

Last journal entry: Wheels and tires
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
--------------------------------------------------------------
What is funny is the first time I went, because of my lead-ing experience I prided myself in being a top notch metal finisher.
I always though I had a real touch for metal finishing and worked in the 70's at a production shop (crap shop, that did rental cars) and would get chewed out because I could metal finish a ping-ding as fast as I could fill it with filler and boss would see the end result and chew me to no end for not just slapping filler on it. Once I went to metal meet and watching these guys, I realized real quick I did not know what I was doing, period!
What an ego buster!
I think that is maybe why participants (for the most part) leave their egos at home when attending a MM event. There is probably someone (or many someones) there that are way more skilled. They don't brag about it but willingly share it. Like Randy does. Sharing Information, Sharpening Skills. Everyone contributes to the knowledge base.

This thread started with January Mopar looking for quality parts at a price that won't break the retirement fund. One way to get the parts is to learn to make them by getting involved with folks like Randy at MetalMeet.com and attend regional or the international event. In addition to learning metal shaping you get to meet a bunch of really great people.