Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Willys Body parts
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 04:17 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Willys front end parts

I want to thank everyone for their input to my search for front-end parts for my 1941 Willys Pickup. I did talk to the owner of Ferguson Coach Building about steel parts, but unfortunately I am retired and financially I am not able to take advantage of parts of that quality. I had the opportunity to see a Ferguson steel Willys front fender at the Gasser Reunion at Thompson Drag Raceway and the quality was just outstanding. I have to do as much work as possible on my Willys just because of the cost of loving hot rods, so the steel components were just out of my financial reach. Steel for me is just a dream item. My search was the result of buying glass fenders from one of the many vendors out there, but the attention to detail was lacking. Even after I talked to the sales representative about what they needed to do to fix their quality problem, there was just a lack of interest. They will take them back, but no one so far has a finished product that you can look at first and then buy. All the makers of parts build after the order has been placed. Thanks again everyone. I will just keep my eyes open at the meets for something I like and can afford.