Willys' Interior Update - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Willys' Interior Update

Well, just wanted to give everyone that gave me input about my situation with the interior of my car, that I have decided to pull the car out the shop and take to another place. After 2.5 months now, in which, they were supposed to begin last week. Well I called the shop and they said he was out of town and would be back in 9 days. I did not get all bent out of shape, but took it in and thought and thought about it. I called another shop, which just so happens to do John Hennesseys work on some of the Vipers. I too know this guy at the shop, but he insured my that he does "bad ***** work". Well that confidence sold me. Now all I have to do is drive 2 hours and trailer it back to him. The good thing is that it is only 1/2 hour away. If you do not know, I am a Service Manager at a local service department, and he does a lot of our warranty leather repairs when needed. I was not aware of his capabilities with complete interiors, he sent me pictures of some of his work and I was impressed (easy to do though).

Well there you go, I am now excited again. I have not been this way in awhile now. Just kept getting aggravated.

Thanks again for your support.

Jason

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Keep us informed, I'm looking for a good interior shop also. Katy is not too far from me.

Vince
Old 08-18-2006, 03:06 AM
bentwings

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm following you. I have a 41 Willys too. It's rolling but not running yet. The interior is a real problem as most of the body mfg don't really install anything to work with. The "wire " style seems to work if you like that but I prefer the smooth look. It seems difficult to get the paper board that is used to mold the head liner. I saw some a while back that water sets. You more or less wet it inplace then let it sit. It makes a relatively stiff board that the fabric can be glued to. Unfortunately I haven't found a supplier.

I think I will probably make my own molded FG shell. It sounds like a lot of work but it reall isn't difficult if you plan ahead. These can be installed with velcro or hidden stick pins.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.