Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - wind whistling quarter vent
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:10 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

foam rope

I don't rememaber which years used the tubular weatherstrips. the foam rope was about 1/4 in dia. the procedure was to insert about a 6 in piece into a modified blow nozzel , the nozzel had a 8 in piece of steel tube brazed to the end, the weather strips has small air bleed holes along its length . insert the nozzel into a bleed hole , pinch where you wanted the foam to stop , then blow it into place. Alot of the fixes lasted until the supplier revised the parts. I asked If I could have all the mustang documemtation in my office to take home and keep. I said the Mustangs were going to be like Model A Fords, restored and kept running forever. Ford said No way Confidentual information. They fired and engineer that sold a document package to japanese manufactures. In the 60's a lot of Japaneese engineers toured the US manufacturiing companies. They were amazed at the Auto feed screw guns used to fasten the rear valance panel to the body.