Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Interior (
-   -   Window fabric? (

79bird 04-14-2012 12:14 PM

Window fabric?
Hey guys,
I opened up the door panel of my 79 firebird because the window on the drivers side seemed to have been getting scratched. Upon further inspection I saw that there are three pieces of "fabric" that almost resemble carpet on the door panel's inside that seem to touch the glass as it goes down. These pieces are worn out and the metal that once glued them in place is scratching the window. Tried to research what these things are but no luck. Anybody have any idea?

DanTwoLakes 04-14-2012 01:01 PM

It's belt weatherstripping. The best place to get it is at J.C. Whitney. CLICK HERE

Here's the original stuff: CLICK HERE 04-14-2012 04:17 PM

The pieces you need are guides. They hold the window as it goes up and down. Make nasty scratches when the cover fails. I have recovered them with black molded carpet pieces (heavier backing) . Glue them on to the metal with contact cement.

Oldguy48 04-14-2012 04:34 PM

The fuzzy half of adhesive backed Velcro works too.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.