Window falls down when i roll it up or down sometimes. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2003, 06:08 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post Window falls down when i roll it up or down sometimes.

got a t 72 nova and one of the bottom window "hinges" that roll to push the window up pops out and the other one eventually pops out since it is just hanging by one.

It only does this when i close the door with the window rolled down or if i hit a bump.

anyt houghts

thanks,

b

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Love your nails! You must be a Libra

Last photo:

Talking

well, i'm not sure what aftermarket parts are available for that car, but if it were me, i would take off the door panel and take out the window regulator assembly. i would find out what was wrong with it exactly and either buy new parts to replace or fabricate something that would work.

JB
Old 01-24-2003, 06:56 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Tracks are probably loose or missing retaining nuts or even plastic sliders, take the door panel off (use the proper tool!) and check, as soon as it's apart it will be obvious what is wrong...missing roller...broken strut bar...junkyards make good hunting grounds.

Remember, you could repair almost anything in the window mechanism with simple fabrication and a few fasteners. Sometimes it's easier to remove the entire assy, it comes through the top of the door...remove the entire window seal if your going to do that-CAREFULLY!
Old 01-24-2003, 07:16 AM

Funny, I've never known of a front door window fall-down problem in the 68-74 Novas. The rear quarter windows seem to have a tendency to fall into the netherworld, though. Once upon a time my wife and I were in the back seat of a friends Nova. As soon as we got belted up we both cranked down the windows. As the handle stopped turning my friend says "Hey, don't roll down the....". That's when both glasses fell into the quarters. We went on our outing adn took the women home, then spent 2 or 3 hours in the driveway removing the back seat, rear interior panels..........la la la.... to repair/tighten/adjust the quarter glasses. BUMMER.
Old 01-25-2003, 11:44 AM

it's missing the "plastic" washers or sliders that roll.

how do i get the sliders things on because it visually looks impossible to put in.

does the slider go in the window part first or on the arms "brackets that push it up.

are junkyards the only place to get these?
Old 01-25-2003, 01:22 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Probably have to hit a junkyard to get a different regulator unless they still are able to get them at the dealer which I doubt. If you know a machinist you can get the parts made reasonably cheap and probably better than new anyhow.

Kevin
Old 01-25-2003, 03:11 PM

i had the same problem on my 1971 nova, i swapped them plastic things for 1966 mustang slider rolls, these are held in place by a pin, or a bent nail will do just fine, these things are available thru mustang parts supliers although i just got them at pepboys while i was on a trip in your country they were in the red carton and plastic "HELP" i believe they are called they als carry window cranks and tie rod boots and stuff like that. hope this helps a bit

regards Bas

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.