Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Windows in a chopped 46 Chevy truck
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 01:26 PM

Last journal entry: I HATE BONDO
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Yes, like a sunroof.

My driver's door has been completely gutted. No glass or regulator (or even door latch). So I'll need to find those still. I took a look at the glass that's in the passenger door and it is cracked. The frame is rusted to the regulator.

It doesn't look like it should be too hard to make a window frame once I've found the right extruded metal. I'd have to look at it closer once I get the window out. Unfortunately the who project is sitting out in the weather since last week's storm blew away my portable garage. Once it quits raining, I'll spend some time taking that all apart with the help of some PB Blaster.

I talked to my son and he's OK with the idea of having a non-operable windshield. He'd rather spend that money somewhere else on the truck. We're going for "custom" in the first place. Between running fender-less and having louvers on the hood, we should dissipate some of that heat. Also thinking that insulating the firewall might help.