Hot Rod Forum banner

Windshield wipers for your old car.

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  John long 
#1 ·
I am blown away what you can find at a REAL parts store. Folks, a LOT of parts we find ourself buying on the net from some distributor on the other side of the country can be found at your local neighborhood real parts store that services the shops in your town. I walked in and bought new wipers for my 65 Buick today at such a parts store. They are Trico (owners of about every patent on automotive wipers) "Classics" and are stainless steel, just like the originals.

Brian

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't plan on it but if I have to, I have new wipers. It is the law in California you have "self actuating" wipers. Meaning you can turn them on at any time. Whereas it doesn't need head lamps with the law reading "during darkness"! Just a little California Vehicle Code book trivia. :)

Brian

#5 ·
LOL, holy cow there John, that is the law here too! But only a few years ago was it passed, your head lamps have to be on if your wipers are on. Interesting....

Brian

#6 ·
I had a model a with one wiper and hand crank for a few years what a pain! Its interesting the laws in other areas! I lived in San Diego years ago they used to measure my bumper highth Because they were too low, And in Kentucky while passing through they ticketed me for no fenders on my 30 coupe And I had to make some out of cardboard and duct tape to get out of that county!!

You can find many parts at dealers and parts stores that people take for granted are obsolete and sometimes cheaper and much better quality then what you can order It always surprises me!

Jester

#7 · (Edited)
Hello, Brian..
If I may... could you p.m. me the whole sku (numbers under barcode)
we don't stock that type at the moment.. but because of all the car shows around the storefront..I'd like to bring this up to the g.m. and see if we can carry them in the cruising season.. maybe to take the spot of the "winter blades" we display in the fall to early spring..
I'll hunt for a trico book when at work.. but ,I'll bet it's long since gone awol..
thank

http://www.tricoproducts.com/Drivers/WiperProducts/MoreProducts/Classic

looks like it's zinc/or nickel coated steel..

#8 ·
Hello, Brian..
If I may... could you p.m. me the whole sku (numbers under barcode)
we don't stock that type at the moment.. but because of all the car shows around the storefront..I'd like to bring this up to the g.m. and see if we can carry them in the cruising season.. maybe to take the spot of the "winter blades" we display in the fall to early spring..
I'll hunt for a trico book when at work.. but ,I'll bet it's long since gone awol..
thank

TRICO Classic

looks like it's zinc/or nickel coated steel..
There you go, yep it doesn't sound like it's "stainless", my wishful thinking. :rolleyes: But it still is a heck of wiper, they look just like the ones that were there and on the Rambler so I assume those too were simply zinc plated.

Brian

#9 ·
Okay, I gotta say it -- what's up with not driving a car in the rain? Stop using water based paint! The things were made to drive!! We had a car show and there was a 40% chance of rain the day before, but no chance the day of the show. A couple people stated they would have come but for the chance of rain. I can see not wanting to drive in bad weather because of a greater risk from other drivers, but just a little shower? Towel it off the next morning!! I get it that the car is an expensive collectible, but if I had a million dollar Duesenberg I'd drive the darn thing and wouldn't be scared of a little shower. A bad thunderstorm/downpour maybe...

#11 ·
It does not bother me much to get caught in the rain. Obviously I would rather not but what is really hard for me to do is start out in the rain. When the car is sitting in the basement all clean and nice it is hard to open that garage door when it is already raining.

John L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.