Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - windstar trans/motor problem
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 10:27 AM
bentwings

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

once again

Hi again
Well 2 days in the trans shop and the problem is still there. I spoke at length with the mgr who personaly tested the van for the better part of 3 hours each of 2 days...at no charge. He agrees that the trans shifter sensor (MLP forgot it's term.) can be faulty and not give a code as well as the trans speed sensor (VSS term.?). He said he would replace these but he feels there is a motor problem that should be addressed first. He also said he didn't want to get into replacing parts just because of gut feelings. This just gets into unnecessary repair bils. The trans tested excellent throughout all of his tests...infact as good as any he has seen. He said he really doesn't do motor tune up and only has code equipment which does trans specific and motor as it applies. Here are the codes that came up:
po 301 cyl #1 mis fire
po 304 cyl #4 mis fire
po 1513 imrc bank 2 stuck closed
As he said he wasn't into motor tune and said he didn't have a list that indicated the po 1513 code.....any ideas??

this sounds ominous...
how much are these things?

It sounds like I will have to take a short (expensive??) fishing trip and hope the h....l I don't catch any carp or gar (I live in the south) LOL It would be nice to land a Walleye but they are rare down here if y'all know what I mean. more likely gd catfish

I just got a sheet of .018 ss steel so I can fab a nice heat shield (as noted) too. It TIG welds great if you use the right filler.

so ya don't have to re read I have done plugs, plug wires, coil, air cleaner, fuel filter (twice), new batt, 4 tires, I even washed it. Muff shop says the muff brgs will last another 100k and stop pulling their chain LOL.

I gotta get this fixed ...d... it The Willys is crying over neglect..it's motor is silent, the rad is cold, dust is gathering on its body, it is wailing because I haven't given it's weekly due ($$$).

thanks for all the help.
bentwings