Hot Rod Forum banner

The Winfield gathering

642 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MARTINSR 
#1 · (Edited)
Spent a good part of the afternoon today at Gene Winfields gathering, a lot of fun, Barris, Bill Hine, Larry Watson, and others were there, a mess of kool cars, huindreds of people, in the wrm Mojave sun. I hope he does this every year. I am going to post a few pics if'n I can get it to work.
Dan

Argggg...can't get the pics in, too big! I got a few in at HAMB (5wcpe), here's alink, lots of good pics from others also.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302698

#3 ·
I've never seen so many old Mercs and lead sleads in one location before. I got a chance to chat with Gene for a bit, I saw him last week at the Famoso drag races also. I think this turned out bigger and beter than he expected.

Gene's quite the health nut, 80years old now I believe. I bring him fruit from work whenever I go by, brought him some grapes last week and this week. Last week I snitched a few bags from Bad Rat, I snagged Bad Rat (Bill) a box when he was down for the Famoso meet. :D So this time I snagged a few cartons, Gene was passing them out to his buddies when I left.

If you've never met Gene, he's one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I think that's one of the reasons this meet went over so well, out in the middle of freaking nowhere, I heard people talking about coming up from L.A., Nevada, the Bay Area.

So if you're ever out for a cruise through the desert high country, swing by Winfields, out on old Sierra hiway .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.