Hot Rod Forum banner

winter water

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  robs ss 
#1 ·
Here is the issue, of course my garage floor is properly sloped such that all the water runs away from the center. so when I bring the snowblower in and it thaws all the water runs to the wall and the stuff stored against the wall. Are there any products out there that would function as a temporary moat??

#3 ·
ss#4 said:
Here is the issue, of course my garage floor is properly sloped such that all the water runs away from the center. so when I bring the snowblower in and it thaws all the water runs to the wall and the stuff stored against the wall. Are there any products out there that would function as a temporary moat??
Ummm... proper slope, IMO, would be for everything to run toward the center and the door, where there is no center drain. The perimeter should be the highest area and level.

You could epoxy your floor and make the surface level. How much of a crown does that floor have?

#6 ·
I lay a bunch of newspapers down and they will soak up the water.

Also you could take some 1'' x 6''s and put them up against the wall. I layed some out and predrilled them so I could use lag screws, I think 1/4'' diameter ones.

I lag screwed them into the studs, but didn't tighten them down. Then I pulled them off and run a good bead of caulking, silicone rubber caulking.

I ran a bead on the floor where the 1'' x 6'' sets and also a bead on the wall so the 1'' x 6'' would go up against it at the top.

Then when you tighten them down the caulking will squish out and give you a good seal, then painted them with a good latex primer and paint.

My home made paint booth has this and when I wash it down with water it doesn't leak out.

Rob

http://www.1969supersport.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.