Hot Rod Forum banner

wire terminal broke off 2-wire alternator

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bullheimer 
#1 ·
it doesnt seem to have much affect on my charge. when i run i am at zero amps on my ampmeter (stock 56 truck gauge). when i rev it it shows alittle more. i forgot where this wire that fell off goes to (bad, cause i rewired the whole truck myself) i have the wiring diagram, but as they say, if it aint broke, don't fix it. my battery isnt discharging but i havent and dont drive it at night. my question is this,

WHY doesn't it seem to matter that this wire fell off???

i have a one-wire kit i would install if it made any dif. sb

#3 ·
Are you sure it is not a 3 wire with a 1 wire kit in it. try pulling to connector with the 2 wires in it and see if it still charges. On a standard 10si I dont think it will work with either of the smaller wires disconnected. I is required to get the alternator going and the other is used to regulate voltage.

#4 ·
yeah i need to pull my head out. probably just not regulating and taking a chance on baking something. will at least work on this today-sun- pull out my wiring diagram and if something is screwing up put in my one wire alt. kit. could prolly use a new belt anyway if it goes round my power steering pump. sometime i like to stay ignorant and pretend nothings wrong. then i don't have to fix it. (until it's too late)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.