Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - wiring compressor
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 05:20 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman2333
Just L1, L2 and the ground are sufficient. These will be the wires from a two pole breaker and the ground bus in the panel. If you are running romex, you will have a black white and bare wire. Relabel the white wire with red tape, it will be a hot not a ground in your circuit. If you run EMT or other raceway, pull a black, red and green in the pipe.
bluesman2333....that's what I thought........thanks

Another question: I am running a line from the current dryer 240V outlet out to the garage. The dryer outlet is on a separate line and has a subpanel with two 20V breakers just above the outlet. The line to the garage is going to be basically an extension and not hardwired into the circuit. I will unplug the dryer and plug in the extension line. The dryer circuit is on 12 gage wire (or at least it should be). Since the extension line to the garage is about 55 feet, should I run 10 gage or stick with 12 gage?

Also, there should be no difference in wiring for a dryer other than it may have a neutral wire included........correct?