Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - wiring compressor
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 07:47 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

[QUOTE=bullheimer]you guys are killin me! scott, as long as you cannot possibly run both the dryer and your whatever at the same time you will be fine they way you have it.

bullheimer...........lol............no doubt...........in my case, I have been doing my own electrical work for about 30 years and I have had some of my work inspected by the town (both rough and finished). I have done mostly 120v including wiring in new circuits. I put a dedicated 240v line for baseboard heat in my own garage. The 240v extension I just did is in my fiances house. One thing I am very careful about is workmanship and I know the ramifications of knicking the copper wire when stripping the end for a connection. I am fully aware that the governing factor for wire size is primarily the breaker rating although the length of the run needs to be considered too. And, you are correct............I can only run either the dryer or, something else on the extension but not both at the same time.

Thanks for the tips