Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - wiring compressor
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Troll Hunter

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I reread the extra context that you felt was missing..now in your and Bullheimers area that may be the case...however the comment wasn't about new houses in his or your area it was EVERY new house. I just happen to know that locally that is NOT true. It is unacceptable locally, that would eliminate EVERY new house. It is not allowed in any service, I don't care whether it is entrance or range service it is NOT allowed. I also made sure that I stated that I wasn't sure whether it was a National or local. So it apparently isn't National, but I am more than aware of local ordinances, several of my good friends are master electricians as well as my son-in-law. That's the main reason I suggest checking your local building codes. Since this is really an International forum some things aren't universally applied. I know that Rods/Custom builds are pretty easy to register here in Illinois, I do it regularly, but I wouldn't even want to try it in Ca., or some other states....Ca. is the most notorious that's why I mentioned it specificly. I have no personal opinion on the Al. wiring,I do know that inspectors can be tough. So it's always better to be informed of local standards. NOW, as a caveat, some stuff done by the homeowner on their own, doesn't require certain things...like a licensed electrician...but, I think stuff like wiring standards still have to be met.