Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - wiring compressor
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 08:51 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotzz
I never asked for "justification"...........just wanted constructive input for the application that I devised.................similar to the "hotrodding" applications that this site is devised for. Obviously you are a union electrician that goes "by the book".............again........I am not doing that.

My house will not burn down...........I am comfortable with that......why? Bcause I understand wire sizes/breakers and loads..........not just what he "code" tells me. I am comfortable that my set-up is OK ...........and as confirmation I offer 30 years of doing my own 110/220v home wiring.

I question your knowledge of home wiring as you have never offered a single technical fact to back any of your statements. In all honestly I would feel very unsure of any electrical work I did if I my only source of confirmation was a book (the code) to tell me what to do. Why?..........because then I would have no idea of what I am actually doing...........just going by a "code"......no technical knowledge.....pretty scary. If you understand the realtionships of wire size/load, you are comfortable with designing a system "not from the book" (gee...just like a brake system). Just so you know..........I am a Mechanical Engineer by trade..............and basic home wiring is no sweat.............so don't try to use the "code" to shoot down my solution.

What does being UNION have to do with most likely being a LICENSED electrician that never bootlegs in an installation?

Believe it or not , there are rat electricians that do follow the book and have pride in their work.