Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - wiring compressor
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 07:51 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1
I agree about the pride to do things "right".
I too am an amateur that has been doing my own work for many years. I am friendly with my licensed electrician. If he told me I had done something not quite right or not to code, I would re-do it, and that very thing has happened. It has also happened with plumbing I have done myself. I am friendly with my licensed plumber as well.
Ditto! I like to start with the assumption that the person who does the work for a living, and gets praise to go with the pay, knows how the job should be done.

My local plumbing inspector got a grin at the plan I showed him, but took the time to sketch the way it should be done. I scrapped my plan for his, even though the situation did not require his approval. My late brother-in-law, a licensed electrician, told me I could get by safely with my plan for rewiring my garage, especially since it wouldn't have to be inspected where I live, but, "if it was mine..." -- again, I scrapped my plan for his and learned from it.