Hot Rod Forum banner

Wiring GM Tilt Steering Wheel Column

41K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Cape Cod Bob 
#1 ·
I have a 1959 Chevy SWB truck and it came with a tilt steering wheel column out of a late 70's or early 80's Chevy Van. I have had the truck for quite some time and it was wired up with a 4 fuse panel and trailer wire from Autozone just to pass inspection. That was 11 years ago. While all the electric works, I would love for everything on the steering column to work. This is a ratrod truck and I am sure if I bought a complete wiring harness this would be easy. I would just like to get power to steering column and have all the items on the steering column work. Does anybody have information on doing this for the schematics for a Do it yourselfer without buying an expensive wiring kit. Or does anyone know of a wiring kit that is good but not expensive. It really only need the basics everything is pretty much manual. I need a 4 to 8 fuse box with GM wiring connections for the column.

#7 ·
wiring gm column column

Does the column have the IGN switch on it, the neutral safety switch besides the brake lights/turn signals, flashers, I know a lot of street rodders like to use that column because there was not much on them, and no shifting lever.
I have used Enos boards for over 30 years and they are very user friendly, give you a great diagram plus explain what you are doing for each circuit. You can buy it with or without wire. You only us about $70.00 or less of wire plus he puts all the circuit on the board, it is made just for your car. You can for a little more get resettable breakers, or you can buy some when ever you want. I have only get one without wire. cost about $150.00. they have the flashers on it and ballast resistor also,

Later 35 terraplane

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.