Hot Rod Forum banner

wiring harness nightmare

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  EOD Guy 
#1 ·
Ive posted about this before and Im still losing sleep. Ive sent a few pics for identication on who make this, there are no markings. Or can can I ask what wires would you use and fro what? Im just running lights engine hei dizzy, turn sigs the basic basic stuff heres my pics thaks again

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
https://www.ez2wire.com/10EZ--10-Circuit-Fuse-Panel-and-Power-Only-Wiring-Harness_p_4120.html

EZ2Wire Possibly? It's hard to identify because that is simply a modular panel that you can build yourself. All of the parts simply connect together to make the panel you're looking for. Because I can see that at least one of the wires is labeled Wiper leads me to believe that it was a kit through someone and not just a panel someone made for themselves.

Maybe this is it? Let me know i'm interested to find out if it is in fact their kit.

#6 ·
Not sure why you started a 2nd thread for this, but my answer is the same. It's a very basic harness, and will require you to wire the entire system yourself. That kit simply supplies power to the various components, but wont come pre wired to do anything more.
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/wiring-kit-388225-2.html

These simple kits usually take a lot more knowledge to install than much more complete kits. Might consider selling it, and then moving up to a kit that's specific for your steering column, and type of vehicle. This Speedway 20 ckt. kit is overkill, but I've installed several of them on GM column cars, and they're about as simple as it gets. One day to wire, even with all the soldering and heat shrinking.
Speedway Universal 20 Circuit Wiring Harness - Free Shipping @ Speedway Motors

#12 ·
Ok I have a buddy that can help me out. 1 question where do I get this connector
That's a standard GM connector, as used on 70's and 80's GM cars. It comes pre wired on the Speedway harness, so you simply plug it in, and your turn signals are done. The Speedway comes with a headlight switch, and dimmer switch pre wired, and supplied also. Just mount both, and plug them in with the pre wired connectors.

#15 ·
You can always add a circuit...... the trick is doing it without melting the wires and letting the smoke out.....lol

Your block looks like a basic 12 circuit unit, which means you have 12 sources to run things. Some of those should be hot in ACCY/RUN and some may be hot all the time. The size of the wire on the "out" side of the fuse and the fuse size will determine how many amps you can draw from that fuse etc.......

Example take the 30 amp head light fuse, it's hot all the time and was designed to pwr the head lights which have a huge amp draw. You decide to use a relay to pwr the headlights, which it a good thing IMO, now the 30 amp headlight fuse is pulling the minuscule amp draw of a relay...... which means you can tap into that circuit for any "always hot" circuit you wanted to add etc......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.