women hot rodders - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2012, 03:10 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

women hot rodders

How many women hot rodders on here? And what are you working on? My wife is into cars has been since she was little. Shes stripping down a 79 camaro at the moment. Getting ready for a build! Shes into speed!! Its funny when she puts the pedal down I dont say a thing but when I do it she punches me in the shoulder and tells me to slow down Lol
My wife loved 4 speeds till her left knee went bad,She could speed shift better then most men I knew! Put a "W" In the beginning of your post if your a woman You men whos wives or girl friends are into cars Id like to hear about it ( I think we're pretty lucky) Some mens wives are very jealous about the time their husbands spend on cars. Id like to hear about that too (unless you want to keep it personnel)! (Im pretty lucky my wife gets greasy with me! I only know of 2 women that are members.

Jester

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2012, 09:16 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester
How many women hot rodders on here? And what are you working on? My wife is into cars has been since she was little. Shes stripping down a 79 camaro at the moment. Getting ready for a build! Shes into speed!! Its funny when she puts the pedal down I dont say a thing but when I do it she punches me in the shoulder and tells me to slow down Lol
My wife loved 4 speeds till her left knee went bad,She could speed shift better then most men I knew! Put a "W" In the beginning of your post if your a woman You men whos wives or girl friends are into cars Id like to hear about it ( I think we're pretty lucky) Some mens wives are very jealous about the time their husbands spend on cars. Id like to hear about that too (unless you want to keep it personnel)! (Im pretty lucky my wife gets greasy with me! I only know of 2 women that are members.

Jester
Yep, Lucky is the word! There isn't a whole lot of women out there that truly love hotrodding like us men. I have seen women that will be in to the hotrodding thing until things get serious and they feel like they have a say so, and then it's taking up a lot of time and money! My wife in particular is the best wife ever. She love's the old car's. For instance I had a 396 in the ole chevelle and had decided that I wanted to juice it up a little. She was all for it. So, I came up with a budget on the build (We have 3 kids there had to be a budget). Well after some time went by and debating on which part would be next she said I'm ready to cruise just get the thing going. Well at the time I was working a good bit. I would'nt have the time to put into it. So I had a machine shop build the motor for it. Once the motor was done she helped me install the motor and trans. I swear to you she had that motor lined up perfect while I worked the hoist. That was probably the quickest I ever got a motor in a car. She kinda smearks at all the ricer's which I find funny. Anyway, she backs my hobby and does'nt complain about the $$$ going towards it. One thing I have learned though if you juggle your time between the Rods and the Family it makes things a whole lot better! LOL
Old 01-15-2012, 09:25 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

lucky

Chris
Old 01-16-2012, 08:44 PM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:

Back in the day,,,My best girl could drive my 3 in the tree 250ci C10 right out of the gate, she was the keeper, others could not get it going so I passed, besides I needed a driver coming home from those prarie fire bush parties,,, Sweety grew up on a tractor

Now she cant be bothered to any great extent. C10 can be a rip snorting 383/700R4/3:73 at times and that is just too scary?
Old 01-16-2012, 09:07 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom10
Back in the day,,,My best girl could drive my 3 in the tree 250ci C10 right out of the gate, she was the keeper, others could not get it going so I passed, besides I needed a driver coming home from those prarie fire bush parties,,, Sweety grew up on a tractor

Now she cant be bothered to any great extent. C10 can be a rip snorting 383/700R4/3:73 at times and that is just too scary?
LOL chris
Old 03-25-2013, 09:13 AM

Last photo:

W
Ive been into it for years and there is more and more women involved in it which is great to see.
My Dad was into it and passed it down.And now I have passed it down to my daughter and son.
My husband is not into it but supports my love of all things motorised. Which is great because I do it all myself for the most part and I'm happiest that way.
What more could you ask for.
My current project is a 1937 olds.

Last edited by janie's dirty 37; 03-25-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: added info
Old 03-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Google "Tunnel Ram 406"

Last photo:

My wife loves to own a 57 Chevy convertible and would like to own one if we got the money. She got me a 6 ton engine hoist and automotive parts for Xmas. She Loves to go Home Depot and cars shops instead of dept stores. She grow up like a tom boy to some degree. My wife loves custom Hotrods and muscle cars. Being a collage professor she has little time to herself and doing research and teaching and trying to get her Phd.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:14 AM
NEVER SATISFIED !!

Last photo:

I'm inpressed ! My wife was into it back when I was racing. Great pit crew.

She also drove my 427 Camaro on the street once in a while. She pretty much stays out of the shop now except to see what I'm doing.

It's always nice to see ladies involved.

454 RATTLER
The Following User Says Thank You to 454 Rattler For This Useful Post:
janie's dirty 37 (03-25-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 10:32 AM

Last photo:

women

I got lucky and found a gal who isnt afraid to get greasy and work on our hotrods. Although she has been less active with it lately due to some back issues, she still supports my love of all things fast. Sadly, I'm a die hard Chevy guy and she's a Mopar-maniac....which in most states is grounds for divorce. She never lets me forget that when times were tight for us a couple years back she sold her 69 Roadrunner to keep us afloat. I think I'll be looking for a new one for her shortly and I'll build it to her liking. I'm sure she'll be out there helping me as her back will allow...but she deserves only the best. So, yes, there are women involved in hotrodding. I love to see women and youth picking up the torch and carrying on the hotrodding tradition
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 AM

Last photo:

Its always hard to find the time.... male or female for sure.
But all work and no rust makes for a grumpy lady!
It sure helps to have a supportive spouse/kids.
After 25yrs, I think he is used to it by now.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:44 AM

Last photo:

Wow.... what a great lady to sacrafice her car. I think one for her asap is a great idea.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:18 AM

Last photo:

My younger daughter has always been into Mustangs. She had an '02 GT that her ex took when they divorced. She bought another '02 GT to replace it, then worked with her new husband to make it faster - different gears, improved tune, cold air and some suspension work. She took it to the drags (Wednesday night run what you brung), managed to stage so she ended up next to her ex at the tree - smoked him so bad he didn't even return to the pits, he just went home!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:47 AM

Last photo:

Dont ya just love it when a plan comes together???
Mission accomplished.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:23 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

wifes not on here.. but she is into cars and racing.. and is waiting on us to have the funds to get her a 68 stang.. he didn't like the garage area up at n.h.m.s. last year cause I got offered a seat.. getting a text sat afternoon of "I'm in the stands where are you" and texting a photo of a look out the car windshield didn't end well..lol.. sorry honey gotta go.. haha sunday she would not let me out of her sight..
Old 03-25-2013, 02:50 PM

Last photo:

My mom met my Dad at the drags. She had a 72 challenger 440/4spd; a 68 GTO with a 400/4spd and a 70 Challenger TA 340/6...and the lone 74 challenger Rallye w. 318/auto

She used to drive the 64 chevelle S/S drag car w. 327/4spd that my Dad and his buddies had often enough, in fact she was the last one to put it on the trailer when it had the DNE 5spd crashbox.

In 1985 or so she had a Pontiac Sunbird 4dr with the 2L? SOHC turbo 4 and 5spd; and had a T-type Regal.

My momma has more speeding tickets than I do. LOL
She wont get dirty in the garage anymore, but she paid her dues.

My girlfriend knew nothing about cars, she told her new boss shes taking the weekend of the Syracuse Nationals off, drives my Trans Am more than I do and got caught laying rubber leaving work because some tuner kid cut her off LOL. She now wants a Panther Pink Plym Duster or Dodge Demon...Lord help me

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.