The wonders of building a car. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2003, 01:16 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The wonders of building a car.

Before my dad and myself did my 84 Z28, we got along but not like father and son should. During the process of building the car our relationship got better and better. I learned SO much during all this. now my dad and i get along really great, all because of the 8 cylinders in my camaro It just amazes me the things that bring people together. Wrenching has got to be one of the best therapy's there is. now dad brags to people how good of a job i didnt with the car and the motor

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2003, 02:16 PM
LT4 Pilot

Good deal, Rubberman. I always included my daughters in my tinkering and they enjoyed it as much as I did. But, then they began getting attracted to boys and that was all she wrote!...
Old 08-24-2003, 03:04 PM
Vetter

I totally know what you. I'm 17 with my Vette, and my dad has always had an interest in Corvettes. This has definitely brought us closer. We talk about it a lot, how to fix problems, and just everything about her.

78SilverShark
Old 08-24-2003, 03:23 PM
I fight what you f33r!

Last photo:

I know almost exactly what you mean, Since I got on my (step)dad's fire department, he's treating me much more like an equal
Old 08-24-2003, 04:38 PM
Member# 3287

Last journal entry: Vortec Heads
Last photo:

I can remember when we bought my son's first project and started to work on it. He had to learn the very basics and, most important, a lot of problem solving. Now we can work together and not even talk sometimes because we know what the other is thinking. Great feeling.
He went on and is now a Mechanical Engineer and probably ten times smarter about some things than I am. Humbling for me, but I'm proud of him.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:01 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

There is only one thing better than Father and Son time spent together and that is Grandpa and Grandson time!!!! My son paid me the biggest compliment when he told me he wished he had paid more attention when I had him in the garage helping on different projects. He sorta thought he had bigger fish to fry and I guess I was not patient enough to make it more fun for him. As one story goes: A young lad goes off to college for 4 years and returns home for a visit. After a couple of days , he says " You know Mom, it's amazing how much Dad has learned in the past 4 years!!". Enjoy your time with Dad while you can because he will not be around forever.

Trees
Old 08-24-2003, 07:37 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

I learned a lot of things from my old man. How to duck flying wrenches and How to fetch a cold beer, how many colorful names one thing or another could be called including me if things didn't go just as HE wanted. He was/is a perfectionist and unfortunately so am I. I Wish I could say I enjoyed working with him but I did not and when I got good enough I asked him to just stay in the house and watch foot ball or base ball or go fishing as I would save him the work so I didn't have to work with him.

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.