Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Won't Start
Thread: Won't Start
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 12:08 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Won't Start

1989 IROC-Z 350 TPI cranks, has fire and fuel pressure but will not start. I have taken the car to two different dealerships and about half a dozen recomended mom and pop shops with no luck. They have replaced every sensor and module that deals with the ignition. The ECU has been replaced 6 times with GM ECU's and the E-Prom has been replaced twice with GM E-Prom's. Every mechanic has said the ECU is giving out a weak injuector pulse but replacing the computer has never helped and neither has anything else. The car now has a 383 stroker every sensor and module inside and out is new a brand new complete wiring harness from GM new holly fuel pump new TCI trans basically redid the whole car. But it still doesn't start and it still gives out a weak injuector pulse. The only way to start the car is to spary ether in the intake but its fuel injected and thats not good. TPI's Mini ram intake with 28lb injectors. Now once I do get the car started that way I can drive around and turn the car off and restart it all day long. Once it sits over night you have to start all over. Has anyone ever heard of this problem or a fix for this problem or any suggestions at all. Please help