Hot Rod Forum banner

woodgrain paint

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  48Man 
#1 ·
I would like to paint my interior window mouldings in a wood grain finish. Does anyone know of a source of info on the technique?

Thanks

#3 ·
You can look at <a href="http://www.woodmagazine.com" target="_blank">www.woodmagazine.com</a> or some of the other wood workignsites there are tools and techniques to do what you want using stains and the proper tools. I have seen steel doors that have been finished that way and you can't tell the difference till you touch it.

#5 ·
It's a fading art. I'm having a local guy do the interior of a '35 Olds I'm re-doing and he is matching the original pieces that were still nice, it's a multi layer process. There are several listed in Hemmings and you might be able to find one in your area. The estimate I got originally before I found the local guy was $1200 for the whole set(dash,window trime,etc.) in a 2dr. Business coupe.

[ June 03, 2003: Message edited by: woodz428 ]</p>

#7 ·
Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the responces. I couldn't find anything in the knowledge base. I'm going to check into Old Masters and see if I can get some more info. I have an extra couple of moldings to practice on. I'll post some pictures when I get them done.

Jesse

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.