Hot Rod Forum banner

Woodward Dream Cruise

813 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Vern Bradford 
#1 ·
Just out of curiousity, who else out there besides Sandflea427SS and me are going this weekend?

#2 ·
Yeah really, I thought there would be a 100 posts for the last thread you started! over 1 million people.....Over 35,000 cars....I can't wait! I worked in the garage til 2:30 am on the dirty pig, just doing some mechanicals. I wish I would have taken Monday off. I have 1 car to work on and an oil change for a friend! Then I have to finish polishing my Centerlines and get my new tires mounted! And still clean and wax the whole car. I'll be in the Monte...Kitkar, what are you taking?

#4 ·
Sandflea;

I'm taking my Mark VIII because the wife and kids are going too. I usually hang aroung Birmingham, between 15 and 16 mile road because I know the area pretty well. I stay over at my sis in law's, in Troy, a couple of miles from there.

I cruise around on Friday night, but I like to go on foot most of Saturday so I can get better videos.

#5 ·
that's my thinking. A friend of mine has a bunch of spaces rented in a parking lot around 9 or 10 mile but I didn't get one from him...I thought I would just cruise and go north to park and relax when I got tired of the traffic! And, Saturday is such the walk day.....!!!!
I think my buddy got us rooms at the Fairfield Inn on 12 mile....
I like that boat by the way...Hope I see it!!

#8 ·
Loooser......You're already in Michigan...It's eight hours drive for me...gas money.....rats....oops...thanks....$$$$????

Vern, isn't John still fighting for his life after the Cavalier accident?

I havta go clean the car and then I'm gone at 0700 hours Tuesday!!!!

#9 ·
I'll be there, The '50 wont. I'll be in a lawn chair watching the show go by. The '50 is not even close to being driven. I plan on taking the digi-cam that can hold 200 picture, will post a link for others to see.

C

#11 ·
Hey Sandflea,
It is true that John is still in the hospital, and unfortunately it is not looking well. It is sad that bad stuff like this always seems to happen to the good guys.
A friend of bought John's Pro Stock S-10. The day we went to pick it up John was in the Dyno room trying to "tweek" his little small block for his new truck. It wasn't "tweeking" too good. John still took the time(a couple of hours) to share some racing stories with us.
John has some very talented people working for him(including his daughter) and I am sure that even with out John being there his shop will still have some great stuff to look at.
Have fun,
Vern

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.